Writing

I've been doing a bit of writing lately. Obviously, not here on my blog, but at a site called SFX-360. I have been on a trial basis writing since November and now am finally a full member of the staff. It's exciting and nerve-wracking at the same time. I still get really nervous when I post up something that I think is a big deal. Today, I wrote my first ever opinionated piece about Activision's disregard of female gamers. You should go give it a read, Pressing My Buttons CoD Style - An Open Letter to Activision .

I've also been trying to get my head back into the poetry writing mood. I seemed to have lost the taste for it over the past few years. You would think being in a beautiful place like Sicily that poems would be in abundance. Unfortunately, they weren't. I met up with a dear friend when I got back to Jacksonville and that person has seemed to give me the kick in the ass that I have needed. This person also gave me the greatest gift that I have ever received and turned one of my poems into a song. That has also seemed to give me the motivation to get back into that particular arena.

I know without a college degree to my name that most wouldn't give me a shot. At this point, though, I think it's good that I can build a portfolio along with writing about things that interest me.

No comments: