Parks and Hiking

I have set a bit of a goal for myself, Bear, and Nala. Bear recently went to the vet for his yearly check up and we found out that he has gained about 6 lbs since his last visit. Bear has stayed at a steady 60 lbs since I adopted him, so I figure that he's been delving into Nala's puppy food when we aren't looking. On top of that, I have started losing weight, eating better, and trying my best not to drink my beloved Pepsi. After hitting the highest weight that I've ever been last year, it is time to make a turn-around and I'm already down 12 lbs.

Going along with that, I want to get around to as many parks (mainly hiking trails) as possible in Florida and Georgia. Bear and I have already conquered all but one trail at Tillie Fowler Park on Route 17, and we conquered Camp Milton Historic Preserve today. There are still more on the to-do list though and more are being added as I think of them or find them.

If all this weren't enough, I do track every hike or bike ride that I do on a pretty awesome site that my friend, Paul, turned me onto called Endomondo. I know other people prefer Runkeeper or other sites/applications, but I really dig Endomondo. 

The park that I am most excited about is Devil's Millhopper Geological State Park. I may leave the dogs at home when I head to this place. This place just looks so heavenly and I want to experience it without having the tug of a leash or two.

No comments: